Sunday, March 13, 2022

No Photos/Just Blah Blah Blah

 Hello...where do I start?

Terrain Vague No. 1 is no longer in my life. I sold my house and pretty little garden lot last May and have moved to a new state. I have a new job, zone, house, village, situation. It can happen so quickly.

I recently learned the village I now live in has a community garden and I do plan to try for an allotment there. I also have a good size yard that is mostly grass. I’ll garden there too. I’ll have to relearn northern gardening tactics having gone from a 7a-b (microclimate) in KY to upstate New York’s zone 5b. In fact, yesterday, 5-6 inches of fresh snow fell upon us.

I also hope to find a Terrain Vague No. 2 at some point. I have an idea of one that might be a future post.

I’ve been feeling down the past few weeks. I’m sure it’s a cocktail of seasonal depression, relationship and job challenges, middle age/existential crisis, lack of vitamins B12 and D, yearn for spring and the life transition itself. I’m overwhelmed. I feel homesick. I’ve reached the point where I question my actions. Did I do the right thing moving here? Did I mess up my destination? Will this start to feel comfortable? 

 I traded in a lot to take a chance on this something new. It’s hard starting over again. I’m sure digging in dirt will help me in my search for answers. 

So, I’m back to trying to make sense of life and all the vagueness that comes with the future, I’ve become a Terrain Vague myself: My original path has been forgotten and my potential has not yet been created.



No comments:

Post a Comment